Sunday 8 May 2011

Germany 2007, Day Eight

Day eight 10th June

Walked over to have a word with the reps from Eurocamp, just to get it straight on just what we could do with the free transport pass we had, there was a map with the pass and apparently we can go by public transport anywhere within the boundary on the map. I also asked if he knew why Lidl had closed early on Thursday, he informed me it had not even opened as it was a religious holiday that even they had had no knowledge of, not even the German rep as it was a regional thing. He also informed me that it had been school holidays this week, now I would never dream of going on holiday in the UK during the school holidays (noting to do with kids but more to do with overcrowding), so imagine my surprise to find I have chosen to be in Germany during a weeks school holidays. I thought I had done my research well for Germany but this was something that hadn't even occurred to me but in future, I will use the following website to check before going to Germany again http://www.holidays-info.com/.

Just as we were about to go out for the train the rain started again, I used the time in-between showers to adjust the sat to get ITV working better for the F1GP that night.

As soon as the rain had gone we headed for the train station and got there 30seconds too late, that's one problem with public transport running on time and as its Sunday the next train is in one hour (not 20mins as during the week). We walk back to the cafe we used the first night and had a pizza and drink to pass the time until the next train is due.

The train arrived spot on time, it was new, well designed and spotlessly clean. We were heading for Nagold according to the timetable, this was as far a you could go, without changing to a bus. The line follows the river along the valley floor and passes through several picture book towns and villages, some we note that we can come back and visit another day. As the train pulls into Nagold an announcement tells us, that because of track work all passengers must change to the bus to go around the works to a station further down the line but this doesn't concern us as we are getting off there anyway.


Train arriving, Bad Liebenzell stationDot, Germany 2007

At that moment the sky turns back again and we start to think it could be a good idea just to stop on the train and go straight back to Bad Liebenzell. So when everyone gets off and heads for the bus we stop on, another young German gets on and sits, so ask if the train goes straight back to Bad Liebenzell, "no" he replies "this train goes to Horb", "no it doesn't" I tell him, "that bus over there, the one that's about to pull away does", I say pointing to the bus, I think he may have been related to Linford Christy, he couldn't half move fast. We get off and I knock on the drivers window and ask him if this train is going back to Bad Liebenzell, the answer is yes but in half an hour. The weather is too unpredictable to walk into Nagold so we have a drink in the station bar and get the same train back.


Nagold the Black Forest. 2007

Night in the van, bit cool outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment