Saturday 7 May 2011

Germany 2007, Day Six

Day six 8th June

Early morning we pop over to Lidl and today it is open, we get the usual provisions, bread, beer a lasagne you know the stuff, the beer, Grafenwalder, is in 500ml plastic (PET) bottles so we just get a couple to try it out, it is a weissbier after all.

Then over to the pool for the day, it was very full, the slide is fun and the thing referred to as the rapids is even more fun, if a bit small. The Adult Pool was full of adults swimming lengths, the Family Pool is much more fun and there are also two more pools for toddlers.


 Busy Pool

On our return to the van we have new neighbours over the hedge, two Dutch vans and they are arguing about satellite reception, part of the augment is the direction that my dish is pointing, I eventual have to point out, yes my dish is pointing in that direction but that I am not getting anything either. To cut a long story short, between us we manage to get all of our satellites working (albeit with one of the Dutch dishes on our pitch), the panic for them had been one of the wives could not miss the tennis from the French open. I can not however get any of the BBC or ITV channels.

Campingpark Bad Liebenzell

The beer from Lidl is very good, so I take my backpack and set off back for more with a request from Dot for a bottle of Vodka (something we do not usually drink but the Smirnoff was on special offer) and some citrus flavoured beer by the same people as the weissbier.

On my return and checking the bill it seem to be a lot more than it should have been and I begin to think I have been ripped off. To cut another long story short, after checking back at Lidl its the deposit on the PET bottles, and you get it back via an automated system, you stick the empty bottles in a hole in the wall and get a chit back for redemption a the till.

On a map of the campsite Dot notices a side gate from the site to the river Nagold and to the river side path, so I tell her I will check it out, as it is just at the end of our row. Anyway, I manage to get myself locked out (its a one way turnstile) I do not have the key for the back gate so have to walk the long way round to the front entrance, it took ages but I am sure that Dot didn't even notice I was missing.

Bad Liebenzell 2007

Sat out on the night, good beer (not the ones I got for Dot though it was just like lime and lemon) and listened to VH1 on the sat.

Day Seven or Day Five

No comments:

Post a Comment